Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let the Show Begin!!!

    Hi everyone! I'm so glad you are here! This is going to be a lot of fun, and a lot of work, but it will ALL be worth it!! I hope by now you have had a chance to go to the contest entry page and followed all the directions to what to do to enter! If you get confused, JUST EMAIL ME! You can always reach me at changingherlife@gmail.com.

    So, how is your Day 1 going? Mine is a slow start. I slept in late (was up wayyy to late last night!) and started my day off slowly with some water, and a banana. Yep, a banana. But that's a PIECE of fruit!! Yes, it's OK to have pieces of fruit during this detox, in fact I recommend it in the beginning especially to curb the desire to be chewing on something. Plus, fruit has a lot of sugar, so you can actually have the sensation that it is a special treat!

Some of the suggestions I have for pieces of fruit are:
Bananas
Avocado
Mango
Melon
Pears

Do you notice a pattern here? These are all soft fruits! Why? Well, they are the easiest for your body to digest because they don't have a lot of rough fiber in them, so you will barely be eating anything much more than what you have in the juices you are making! =)

Personally, I think a half of an avocado a day during this time is fabulous not only because they are filling, but they are GREAT for your hair and skin! You are going to notice a lot of changes during these next several weeks, so it's always nice to have some of them to feel like good ones, you know? (If you don't know, go over to my post about stages of detoxification to prepare yourself for what's to come!)
I hope you guys are all getting started and enjoying your first day of what I think is going to be an amazing year!!

Happy New Year everyone!!

xoxo ~ jamie


2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Hi Jamie! My name is Holly and I found you through YouTube b/c I was looking for some insight around doing a 60 day juice fast after being inspired by the same documentary as you! I found your vlogs and I've watched a few and subscribed so I could come back and watch more. But then I got your New Year's Eve vlog in my e-mail box and I watched it this morning drinking my morning (actually AFTERNOON after sleeping in all morning) juice. My husband and I are starting the 60 day juice fast tomorrow, Jan. 2nd. My main goal is weight loss b/c I have been carrying an extra 120 pounds for over 10 years now. I'm starting to see the health repercussions of that and I want to be healthier for me and and for my family. Going more 'all-natural' with what we consume seems to make a lot of sense. I'm excited to follow along with you and be motivated together! My name is Holly and my e-mail is hldressel (at) gmail (dot) com

Jamie Simpson said...

Hi Holly!! Welcome! Congratulations on both you and your husband's decision to make major changes in your life! I look forward to hearing about how things go for you! ~jamie